Q: What are some basic steps I can take to create a whiter smile?
A: The first thing that you must do is practice good oral hygiene, which includes watching what items you put in your mouth. One treatment that we often recommend to our patients is Zoom!® Teeth Whitening, which has proven to whiten teeth up to 8 shades in as little as an hour. We also use deep bleaching in order to remove the tough stains, such as coffee or smoking stains.
Q: How can I straighten my teeth without traditional metal braces?
1) Invisalign® is the almost invisible method that can straighten teeth using a custom set of transparent and removable aligners. The aligners will reposition teeth progressively. Patients agree that this orthodontic method is much more convenient and comfortable than the traditional orthodontics. With the removable aligners, patients are able to eat, brush and floss without the aligners in. Invisalign aligners are usually changed every two weeks and a new, beautiful, and straight smile is created in about 1-2 years.
2) Six Month Smiles® is another alternative to traditional metal braces. This is a great alternative to metal braces, and you can see a major smile transformation in as little as six months. Six month orthodontics use clear brackets and tooth colored wires; nearly invisible to the naked eye. There is also a cost advantage with Six Month Smiles.
Q: What are dental veneers?
A: Veneers are normally made from porcelain, and are designed to cover chipped, cracked, or decayed teeth. With this process we are able to replicate (and in many cases improve upon) your natural smile. After your veneers procedure is complete, you will have the best looking smile of your life, guaranteed!
Q: What is the difference between crowns and veneers?
A: Crowns cover the full surface of the tooth to the gum line. Veneers are porcelain facings that cover the facial or front surface of the tooth.
Q: How long do veneers and crowns last?
A: The longevity of crowns and veneers is largely dependent upon the individual. If you treat your crowns or veneers like your natural teeth (brushing and flossing daily) then you will significantly increase the life span of your investment. Also, you may want to consider wearing a mouth guard while you sleep to prevent clenching and grinding.
Q: How long is the process for getting permanent veneers?
A: After a comprehensive consultation to create your perfect smile, veneers only require two appointments. You will leave your first appointment with a very attractive set of temporary veneers, and on your next visit your custom final veneers will be ready.
Q: Will my gum recession grow back?
A: No it can’t grow back. It is caused by a combination of root exposure, grinding, and clenching over an extended period of time. Either alloderm (cadaver tissue) or donating your own tissue will be placed over the exposed roots to cover and protect them. The bite has to be equal, and a night guard may be needed to protect teeth after the graft is completed.
Q: Why am I sensitive to sweets? Does Sensodyne really work?
A: We have little holes (tubules) in the teeth that lead to the nerve center of the tooth, which can cause sensitivity toward sweet foods for many individuals. Sensodyne has potassium nitrate which closes the tubules, creating a barrier around the nerve to calm and soothe the nerve (relieving pain in the process).
Q: My gums hurt and sometimes bleed while brushing; why is this?
A: Gum disease is oftentimes the cause for bleeding gums. Gum disease is sometimes referred to as the “silent killer,” because recent studies have linked gum disease to serious problems, such as heart attack, stroke, and pregnancy complications. Regular dental visits are vital, as a professional can diagnose and treat gum disease in the preliminary stages.
Q: Can headaches be a sign of an underlying dental condition?
A: Headaches can be caused by an underlying condition known as TMJ. This is a very painful condition effecting the small, triangular-shaped joints in front of your ears. TMJ pain can oftentimes radiate into the your neck, back and shoulders. If you are experiencing this, you should see a Cincinnati TMJ treatment specialist immediately.
Top Cincinnati Cosmetic Dentist Tom Hedge strives to offer exceptional customer satisfaction. That's why we encourage you to call our office anytime so we can help you answer all of your dental questions.
- Educational Newspaper Crafting Business. Everything You Are Able To Do
- Very best Tips about Made to order Essay Guide Great britain
- What Cannabis Recommendation Online Is – and What it Is Not
- Suggestions About High School Graduation Internet dating From Expert School Creator
- What Everybody Dislikes About Help with Essay and Why