4 Tips to Care For Your Porcelain Veneers
You’ve just invested in a beautiful set of porcelain veneers, and you want to ensure you get the most for your money. Veneers are generally as strong as your natural teeth. As with your natural teeth, though, there are a few things you need to do to keep them healthy and beautiful. Here are four tips to help you care for your new smile.gogoexam
Brush and Floss Daily
While the porcelain itself will not decay, the tooth surface that is not covered by the veneer is susceptible. Also, plaque at the margins of the veneers can cause the gums to recede. To prevent this decay, follow good dental hygiene:
- Brush at least twice a day and floss once a day.
- Use a soft toothbrush
and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Use a mouthwash that does not contain alcohol.
Protect Your Teeth
Porcelain is the strongest material available to cosmetic dentists aside from metal, but veneers can break. Don’t use your teeth for the following purposes:
- Tearing open bags or other packaging.
- Biting your fingernails.
- Chewing on ice, toothpicks or other hard objects or foods.
Also, protect your veneers with a mouth guard if:
- You grind your teeth at night.
- You play sports.
Avoid Certain Foods and Beverages
While porcelain is
non-porous and generally impervious to stains, the material used to bond the veneers to the teeth is not. With this in mind, avoid the
- Frequent alcohol consumption, which can dissolve the bonding material used in veneers.
- Dark beverages What’s more, many middle school delays students pass or fail purely on whether or not they did their homework, not necessarily on whether or not they mastered concepts. such as coffee, wine and dark fruit juices.
- Snacking between meals.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco.
Trust A Skilled Cosmetic Dentist
General dentists are not trained to care for porcelain veneers and may not know the proper techniques. Be
sure to trust a skilled, trained cosmetic dentist who has proven experience. Dr. Tom Hedge has performed many smile makeovers using porcelain veneers. He has the skill and artistry required to craft and place the veneers, as well as the knowledge and experience to maintain them. By following the above tips, patients increase the chances that their porcelain veneers will last 10 or even 20 years. If you’re looking for a skilled cosmetic dentist in the Cincinnati area to place or care for your porcelain veneers, call our office today at 513-392-4598.642-832
Top Cincinnati Cosmetic Dentist Tom Hedge strives to offer exceptional customer satisfaction. That's why we encourage you to call our office anytime so we can help you answer all of your dental questions.
- Learn How To Generate a 100 % free Internet page with your Venture
- Creating an autobiography? Forms of the document
- Creating of final thoughts, devices and abstract on the master’s thesis
- Abstract and all round preferences for article writing it. Specifications that need to be used
- Qualifications for making the qualification degree or diploma for receiving bachelor’s level